Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience
• High school certificate with two (2) years of experience
Experience & Skills
• At least one (1) year of relevant experience in managing administrative tasks, logistics, driving and procurement
• Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Professionalism: demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 14th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2019-04) in the subject line of the email application.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts complete applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is compulsory for all applications to be accompanied by a Personal History (P11) form that can be downloaded from IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.
From 20.08.2019 to 02.09.2019