Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations, Employment and Training
... promoting and sustaining decent work
District in Mauritius
State / Province
- Provides holistic personal care to residents/tenants, ensuring that the residents’/tenants’ activities of daily living needs are met as per policy and procedures. e.g. personal hygiene, oral care, skin care, toileting, bathing, nail care, dressing, grooming and activation.
- Provides residents with nutritional assistance. e.g. meals, nourishment and tray service and assisting residents to eat as needed. Assisting residents to and from dining areas in accordance with meal service schedules. Report any appetite/fluid intake changes or concerns immediately to the Nurse.
- Observes and reports any changes in resident’s/tenant’s functional and cognitive behavior to the Nurse.
- Transfers residents in/out of bed, to/from wheelchair, toilet and chair using one or two person transfers or mechanical lifts as per the residents care plan.
- Assists with the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Encourages and assists residents/tenants to participate in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities.
- Responds to resident, tenant and building emergencies if necessary.
- Maintains a clean, safe, homelike environment for residents/tenants and staff. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment immediately.
Duties of Job
Ensures residents personal items are marked and handled and stored properly. Processing of soiled personal clothing as per policy and procedures. Removing/changing soiled linens.
- May be responsible for some or all the tasks related to laundering duties such as sort / wash / dry / fold / hang / return to storage or resident/tenant room bed linens and labeling residents/tenants linens.
- Ensures that resident/tenant rights are maintained and respected, which includes confidentiality.
- Answers call bells promptly and responds appropriately to resident/tenant requests.
- Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
- Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees, making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision-making.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We are looking to employ a mid-level construction Project Manager that will be mainly site based, for various projects on the consultancy side.
Duties of Job
The role is from start to finish on a project to ensure that it is completed within a particular time frame and to budget. The Project Manager will ultimately be responsible for all aspects of the build and the successful candidate will report directly to me. There is large growth potential in this organisation, which is located in the north of the island.
• Preference will be given to candidates with outgoing/extrovert personalities.
• Proficiency in MS office programs, as well as MS Projects a must.
• Must have a valid driver’s licence (own vehicle will be a plus).
Responsible for making a wide range of cakes, pastries, and other baked goods.
Duties of Job
Accurately weighing out and preparing ingredients for mixing
Mixing, dividing and shaping dough prior to proving
Setting temperatures and cooking times for different products
Baking various types of cakes and pastries
Using modern machinery and technology throughout the process
Part-baking and freezing product
Wrapping, slicing, and packaging bread products
Decorating, slicing and wrapping finished products
Cleaning machinery and work station
Creativity: Pastry maker are often in charge of creating new and innovative breads and desserts that will bring in customers. Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way
Hand-Eye Coordination: Pastry Maker work with knives, icing bags and other precision tools and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed.
Sense of Taste and Smell: Delicious food brings in customers. Pastry Maker are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
Time Management Skills: Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time. Great time management will help you avoid burned or spoiled food and angry customers.
Requires one to rise very early and work during the hours that most people are
To assist in the production of a variety of bakery and confectionery goods for retail and wholesale
Duties of Job
To check list of jobs to be done on a daily basis and to assist with planning and scheduling of tasks.
To assist with wrapping, slicing, labelling, dating and packing products for delivery.
To pack wholesale orders neatly into correct crates and to check orders are correct prior to despatch.
To notify Manager when label stocks and L-film are running low.
To prepare products to the specifications provided.
To report any shortages or contaminated raw materials.
To keep the bakehouse clean and tidy at all times and to carry out designated daily and weekly
cleaning tasks, ensuring that cleaning schedules are completed.
To thoroughly clean all equipment and utensils and empty dishwasher as required.
To check supplier deliveries following correct procedures.
To co-operate with colleagues.
To carry out any ad hoc duties.
To adhere to health and safety policy.
To observe hygiene regulations.
Adaptability and efficiency
• Baking, cooking and measuring
• Being creative and artistic
• Being physically resilient
• Being sociable and honest
• Handling stress and disappointments
• Ordering and stocking supplies
• Organisation and patience
• Reading and understanding written instructions
• Teamwork and safety
• Using machines and equipment