Vacancies - Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Fund
THE SUGAR INDUSTRY LABOUR WELFARE FUND
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
The Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Fund (SILWF), a body corporate operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Social Security, National Solidarity and Reform Institutions, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant post of Community Support Assistant at Batimarais Community Centre:
I AGE LIMIT
Candidates should have reached their 18th birthday and, unless already in the Local Government/Government Service/Approved Service, should not have reached their 48th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
(a) be holders of at least the Certificate of Primary Education or an alternative qualification acceptable to the Fund;
(b) reckon experience in social work.
- To motivate people at grass-root level to participate in activities organised for
the benefit of the Community.
- To assist members of the Community in the upliftment of their quality of life.
- To assist in the progress and welfare of the community.
- To assist in the running of appropriate courses.
- To motivate people at grass-root level to participate in social work and community service.
- To canvas members of the community to attend to activities of the Social Welfare/Community and other Centres.
- To perform such other duties directly related to the Main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from incumbents in the roles ascribed to them according to their postings.
IV SALARY SCALE
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in the scale of Rs 11970X260 – 14050X275
– 15150X300 – 15750X325 – 17700X375 – 19575X475 - 21475
Appointment in the grade in a temporary capacity will carry salary at the flat rate of Rs 11970 a month.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application forms for the posts are available at the Human Resources Section of the SILWF, 1st Floor, SILWF Building, 15-21 Edith Cavell Street, Port Louis.
Qualified candidates are required to submit their application on the prescribed form, duly filled in, together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae and photocopies of birth certificate, marriage certificate (if any), national identity card, academic/professional qualifications and relevant documentary evidence of experience claimed (where applicable).
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach the Acting General Manager, Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Fund, 15-21 Edith Cavell Street, Port Louis, not later than 3.30 p.m on Tuesday 20th December, 2016.
(i) Applications not supported by copies of educational certificates will not be convened for interview.
(ii) Qualifications obtained after the closing date will not be accepted. Only qualified persons should apply.
(iii) Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may cause the elimination of candidates from the competition.
(iv) Applications not made on the prescribed form will be rejected.
(v) The post applied for should be clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
(vi) Only the best qualified candidates will be convened for interview.
(vii) Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted. The onus for the prompt submission of applications so that they reach the Acting General Manager of the Fund in time lies solely on applicants.
(viii) The Fund reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.
Date: 7th December, 2016 Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Fund
15-21 Edith Cavell Street