Trainee Engineer Scheme
“Pre-registration Training of Graduates in Engineering”
In the Budget 2016/2017, Government announced the setting up of a “Pre-registration Training of Graduates in Engineering”. Facilities for practical training are being provided by the Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations, Employment and Training under a special scheme for the placement of graduates in engineering in order to enable them to qualify for registration with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius and to operate as full-fledged Engineers.
2. To be eligible for enlistment as trainees, candidates should be holders of a degree in the following fields: CIVIL, ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS, ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATIONS and MECHANICAL, recognized by the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius as qualifying for registration under Ordinance No. 49 of 1965, as amended by Ordinance No. 9 of 1967, and have to undergo, or complete, the period of two years’ practical training prescribed by the Council to qualify for registration under the above-mentioned Ordinance. Applicant shall produce an Eligibility Certificate from CRPE.
- Trainees will be posted in Ministries, Government Departments and also in the private sector according to their fields of engineering. During their two-year training, trainees will work under the direct responsibility and supervision of a registered Engineer and they will not be allowed to decide or advise or report on design or approve the designs of any engineering project.
- The candidates will be trained without any promise of employment in the Public Service and on completion of their training; they will be free to seek employment elsewhere. If they wish to join the Service they will have to compete for the filling of such vacancies as may then be available.
5. During their training they will be given a stipend of Rs 23,975 monthly. The Training will be limited to a maximum period of 24 months.
- Qualified candidates should submit their applications through the website of the Ministry on www.mauritiusjobs.mu .They should register as jobseeker and upload their Curriculum Vitae and their copies of certificates including the letter of eligibility from the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius
7. Closing Date: 15 April 2019
Date: 07 March 2019 Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations,
Employment and Training